Most of my ornaments are glass and every year we have several "losses" throughout the season. Yesterday was no exception. Amy did point out yesterday that this is the first year we don't have a cat around. It's the first year we don't have to shoo a cat out of our tree (as the whole thing is clinking around) or hiss at the cat as it sits there and bats at the Christopher Radko ornaments. But I have to say I'm kinda sad about that. Sort of. I would have a cow if it broke the ornaments that are special to me. Some of those glass ornaments have been around since Evan was a baby and have survived countless moves.
To say I get excited about Christmas decorating is a bit of an understatement. I love it. I'm like the Target 2 day sale lady. I have to fight the urge to do it all at once. But really, it takes several days to get it all out if you don't want to just kill yourself.
My most cherished Christmas decorations are things that were given to me by friends or family.
This was my parents picture.
It's called "A Christmas Gathering" and is a Thomas Kinkade. It's not necessarily my style but they loved it and it makes me think of them. I also love the fact that Mr. Kinkade painted himself, his wife, and his dog in this picture. This pictures glows I swear.
My parents also gave us this sculpture of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. :)
It makes me a little sad when I get out these pieces that I know they lovingly picked out. Just like this barn.
This little red barn was the first of my Snow Village pieces. They gave this to us almost 21 years ago when Evan was about a week or two old. The next year came the farm house, and so on...
So it really does mean a lot to me as I get out every single Christmas item. They all come with special memories.
Goodness, I'm tearing up now and I haven't even put up the tree yet that will go in the dining room and will hold all of my little ornaments the kids made when they were little.
On a much lighter (and goofier) note... I found little mink coats for my tree in the living room!
Life is good!!! <3






Your tree is gorgeous as always!! You are just a Buddy Elf!! Love ya! Lori
ReplyDeleteThank you my friend! You know I love Buddy the Elf!
ReplyDeleteI have that particular Thomas Kincaid picture. I do love it! Love your new look...Glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...
ReplyDeleteHugs