The recipe sounds sort of strange but I promise if you follow this only good things will happen!
I literally looked for this recipe for 20 years and couldn't find it then one day thanks to the magic of the internet I found a link for a t.v. station that had hosted a chef for it's noon show and he made this recipe. He was from the Blue Goose Cantina on Lower Greenville Avenue in Dallas. BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!
1 cup water
1 cup of milk
1 cup of sour cream ( I use Mexican sour cream: Crema Mexicana Agria by Cacique)
1 tsp. of white pepper
1 tablespoon of chicken bullion granules
Juice 1/2 lemon
2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
It is important to mix the ingredients above just as directed! Or you don't get the same smooth results.
Place the water, milk, bullion, and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add the cornstarch to just enough cold water in a cup to disolve then add it to the saucepan.
Reduce heat and let simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream and then the lemon.
You can use corn or flour tortillas but the Goose uses corn and it is my favorite. They shared the short cut method to preparing them but I prefer to do the old dredge and heat method for the very best results but here is the chef's suggestion:
12 corn tortillas
1 pound of shredded chicken or turkey
1 can of rotel (undrained)
1 cup of Mont. Jack cheese
And jalepeno slices (I use the kind you buy in a jar!)
mix the shredded meat in the tomatoes.
Lightly spray both sides of the corn tortillas with Pam cooking spray and place in a tortilla warmer and microwave for 20-45 seconds to make pliable.
Fill your torillas and roll up and place seam side down on a casserole pan sprayed with pam.
Pour the sour cream sauce over the top then add the cheese and then the jalepeno slices.
and heat at 350 until bubbly. (about 30 minutes) and serve!
Enjoy my friends!!!!!!
I literally looked for this recipe for 20 years and couldn't find it then one day thanks to the magic of the internet I found a link for a t.v. station that had hosted a chef for it's noon show and he made this recipe. He was from the Blue Goose Cantina on Lower Greenville Avenue in Dallas. BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!
1 cup water
1 cup of milk
1 cup of sour cream ( I use Mexican sour cream: Crema Mexicana Agria by Cacique)
1 tsp. of white pepper
1 tablespoon of chicken bullion granules
Juice 1/2 lemon
2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
It is important to mix the ingredients above just as directed! Or you don't get the same smooth results.
Place the water, milk, bullion, and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add the cornstarch to just enough cold water in a cup to disolve then add it to the saucepan.
Reduce heat and let simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream and then the lemon.
You can use corn or flour tortillas but the Goose uses corn and it is my favorite. They shared the short cut method to preparing them but I prefer to do the old dredge and heat method for the very best results but here is the chef's suggestion:
12 corn tortillas
1 pound of shredded chicken or turkey
1 can of rotel (undrained)
1 cup of Mont. Jack cheese
And jalepeno slices (I use the kind you buy in a jar!)
mix the shredded meat in the tomatoes.
Lightly spray both sides of the corn tortillas with Pam cooking spray and place in a tortilla warmer and microwave for 20-45 seconds to make pliable.
Fill your torillas and roll up and place seam side down on a casserole pan sprayed with pam.
Pour the sour cream sauce over the top then add the cheese and then the jalepeno slices.
and heat at 350 until bubbly. (about 30 minutes) and serve!
Enjoy my friends!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment