Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coy's Salad Dressing

Coy's Steakhouse in Hot Springs used to be "THE" steak place to go.  I had many dates there.
After I made this yesterday I went to google it yesterday to see if it was still open.  I saw on their website that it was destroyed in a fire.  I don't know if they will re-open or not but they should!  The restaurant has been around since 1945.  Like I said yesterday, it's a Hot Springs icon.
Before dinner they would bring you a tray of saltine crackers and some of their house dressing.  It was really hard not to fill completely up on these before dinner because this dressing is so wonderful.

Coy's Steakhouse Salad Dressing


1 cup of salad dressing
1 cup of mayonaise
1 tsp. of paprika
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 T. vinegar
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup of evaporated milk
1 T. sugar
Blend until smooth, cover and let sit for at least an hour before serving.



I didn't have "salad dressing" so I just used 2 cups of mayo.  I also opted for 4 garlic cloves.  I had to resist the urge to add more paprika.  It is my favorite spice!  But I did add a heaping teaspoon of paprika.  


I first threw the peeled garlic cloves in the food processor and gave them a good chop then I added all of the following ingredients.  I put it in a plastic dish with a lid and left it in the refrigerator to chill until dinner time.  I made the mistake of licking my finger that had some dressing on it.  That led to me searching the pantry for crackers.  The next thing I know I'd eaten about 7 crackers dipped in dressing.  

This is so addictive!


I don't know why you'd need the MSG... I can't see it lasting for more than a couple of days. 
I didn't add it.  

This dressing will leave you with a little bit of dragon breath but it is SO worth it!!
Got to put this recipe at the front of my recipe box.  It's a keeper!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment