It had blown our dock to one side and the catwalk was the only thing holding it from wrapping around completely to the other side and our catwalk was bowing and wasn't going to be able to hold it for long.
This is the dock (picture taken a year ago)
Now when I say "we" secured the dock line what I really mean is "I" held the light and my poor husband did everything else. But he eventually using a come along and chains got the dock back to it's right position and secured to the trees there at the right side of the photo. But that wind! Oh my gosh! We both came in wind burned and poor Joe had stuff blown in his eyes. It wasn't the peaceful Friday night we thought it was going to be to say the least.
That's a part of lake life I thought I'd share with you because it's not all just slow boat rides and watching the sunset. To further put things into perspective... yesterday Joe spent the entire day testing batteries on the big boat. (It has 5) and ended up replacing 4 of the 5 batteries. It was a long process.
Did I mention gas prices? haha!!
But it's all good, really. These are just some of the things that have to be done. And it makes those times that we can take boat rides even more pleasurable.
Life is good!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment