Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Spinach Scramble

I've been debating how I should approach my diet in order to lose weight.  Weight Watchers? ehh...  I know it works but I just don't know.  I had pretty much gone ahead and started doing low carb again.  I actually started this Tuesday (5 days ago from this post).  It's not for everyone but has worked for me pretty successfully in the past.  I've really been wanting to focus on the fresh vegetables anyway.  I just feel too deprived doing other diets.  So I already told you we had a chicken spinach salad the other day.  We also had a spinach frittata.   Last night we grilled and I threw these on to cook.


Joe calls them chicken dogs.  They aren't bad!  Just skip the bun and it's all good.  

This morning I woke up hungry.  I was ready for a hearty breakfast.  After peeking in my fridge guess what I came up with??  If you guessed spinach you would be right! (Did the title give this away?)  Actually, it was salad that was left over.  

Sometimes I look at the left overs and feel ZERO inspiration to make something new out of them but this morning I just knew I could make it work.

Here's what we did


I cut one of the "chicken dogs" into slices.  Then I picked through the leftover salad and pulled out some spinach, yellow bell pepper, onion, mushroom, tomato, and celery and I sauteed this for just a bit.


Then I poured the beaten eggs into the pan.  I used four because I was sharing this dish with Joe.


Sprinkle on some cheese



Top with a little bit of salsa and voila!  

It was super filling and delicious.  







No comments:

Post a Comment