Tuesday, April 5, 2011

problems

Hi.  I'm Trish.  I have a pot problem. Not the illegal kind.  It's just that I have too many pots now.  I still want more though.  That's a problem.  I can't decide if it's a love of plants, obsessive compulsive disorder, or a form of therapy.  But boy do I love planting.



Friends who have been here know that I've planted stuff in every square inch around my house.   A summer or two ago a friend told Joe that I'm going to have to start busting up concrete to make room to plant more stuff.  Joe shushed him and told him I didn't need ideas like that planted in my head.  I've even gotten to the point that I dig up plants and shrubs that I'm bored with to make room for my new plants.  That's when I started in on the pot idea.  It's just ridiculous now.  And I even started using hanging baskets.  It takes me about an hour to walk around and water everything.   Last summer the nursery guy told me that if I'm out of room all I can do is go up!  Go up over fences now.  :)  


This was one of my first vines... but it's not going to be my last I betcha!


I've begun to re-work this little bed...
Here it is last summer.


And my little fireplace area...


Is there a cure?  


Yes, you are absolutely right.  The birdhouse DOES need a vine to go up over it.
That is what you were thinking, right?  


And you.  My little sweet bougainvillea...
It won't be long until you're back to your beautiful glorious self.


When the bougainvillea looks like this once again it will be worth babying it all winter long.
My poor husband made countless trips taking several plants out into the sunshine on warmer days... and back in to the garage with the space heater on colder nights.


But our home is our favorite place to be.  
And really, I love every moment making it cozy.
At least that's what I tell myself.  Even as I'm planting terrariums.  



Ya'll may need to send me to The Betty.

Just sayin'!


Ahhh... Life is good!









No comments:

Post a Comment