Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spinach Salad

In an effort to change my ways... I'm going to attempt to be less of a deliquent and be more responsible.

I decided to have a salad for dinner.  (that was about the extent of my efforts last night)
We could have gone the way of the strawberry spinach salad.. and that would have been good but we needed something more substantial if it was going to be our meal.  So forget the strawberries... how about lots of protein!  Grilled Chicken, Bacon, maybe even a boiled egg...

Our salad ended up looking something like this


This isn't my picture.  I dove into my salad and forgot to take pics!  

So much for being a budding food blogger!  It was yummy though.  It had grilled chicken, bacon, spinach, carrots, celery,tomato,  mushrooms, red onion, boiled egg, yellow bell pepper and Coy's salad dressing. 
I would have added cucumber too but our stinkin' Walmart was OUT of cucumber.  How does that happen?  oh well.. we survived without it.   
I was proud of our effort to eat well.  It had 3 kinds of protein and was sooooo delicious!!!  Tons of flavor and was filling.  

Working out for the 3rd day in a row was great!  I am feeling the motivation!!  I hope to be shrinking soon!!!

It is a gorgeous weekend here on the lake, albeit windy!  and everyone's allergies are in full swing. Everything outside is covered in pollen.  But who's complaining?!  The sun is SHINING... the birds are SINGING... 

ahhhh... 
Life is good!!!


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you!! Go girl! I can't wait for more healthy recipes! We are going to do this and have some beach bodies by Destin!!! Love you!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete