I haven't had many recipes to share with you because I'm attempting to shed some pounds. UGH.
But I have been cooking. It's been salad, salad, salad, and SALAD. Last night was Taco Salad. :)
Hopefully it will pay off soon. I have been working out now for a couple of weeks and have worked the last week with a trainer. She is so wonderful. I just love her. She is so motivating!! And she just soothes my soul. In addition to working my behind off. I'm learning to use just about every machine in the gym. So, basically, I do cardio every day (except weekends) and do some abs every day. Then I am working every other day with her, alternating upper body and lower body with some core exercises included. Did I mention how sore I am??? Oh my gosh. But it's good. It feels like progress. And this was my New Years resolution. Due to a slight derailment I'm just now getting started. She already has me lifting heavier weights than I ever have in my life. She tells me every day how strong I am.
LOVE IT!!! I just wish it didn't cost money to work out with her because I know someday this little joyride I'm on will come to an end and I'll be having to do this on my own. But I do feel like I have a new friend in her and you know I love my friends!!!
The other benefit to working out like this is... it's cutting down on the amount of time I can stalk the local nurseries. I have planted all but 2 of my plants and I've vowed not to buy anymore after I find my vine I want to plant. They aren't out yet. So ONE MORE PLANT. (Think I'll keep this promise?) The answer is YES. Because when I'm finished planting my yard I'm going to work on Stephanie's yard. :)
There is only one more month of High School left for my daughter. I am thrilled that this moment is here for her! We have the mother/daughter senior tea coming up. I'm excited about that. Sounds like a reason to go shopping to me!!
Going to get back to dinner. Tonight I am grilling the thin cut rib-eyes, having some squash and zucchini, and making Atomic salad. Yum Yum! (think Hee Haw... "Hey Grandpa what's for supper." )
Yep! Life is good!!!
Dinner sounds delicious, I'll be right over! Congrats on your good workouts. I wish I had some sort of motivation...I am pitiful. I got a few things planted yesterday before the rain started. I'm sure not complaining. :-) The two senior pics you posted were so good, what a lovely daughter you have. Have a great week!!
ReplyDelete