Monday, April 11, 2011

My Favorite Tree

I have a favorite tree.  Does that surprise anyone?  I have driven by this tree for years and about run off the road trying to figure it out.


It's a flowering dogwood and it's also a red dogwood 

Is it 2 trees? One tree? but how?? 

You simply can't tell by driving by at 35 mph 

And frankly it was hard to tell standing right there next to the tree



almost looks spliced

AHA!  Very sneaky pink branch!  You sneak in from the back and come between those two branches.

I'm not sure anyone else would park up the road and walk back through the grass to go see it.




But I had to!  









It's lovely

And it's only here for such a short time each year.






1 comment:

  1. I know exactly where this tree is! We just saw it on Sunday and I loved it!

    Cathey

    ReplyDelete