Ok, so by now we've all established that I'm not normal, right? And for those of you who've known me for a long time know that has always been true. And if you don't believe me just sit with Lori for a few minutes and she will fill you in.
But that's just a side note. The real story is this: I'm a happily married woman. I love my husband! I've been married for 21 years and couldn't ask for a better husband. But even Joe knows this:
I am absolutely crazy about football. And even more than that I'm crazy about Sooner football. And YES.... I love Bob. Uncle Bobby. He is one cool cat.
And as you can see I'm not the only fanatic. Here's another one of my offspring. She's a Sooner fan too.
These guys run out after we score and boy we love to see those ponies!!!
We love Boomer and Sooner as much as we love our wiener dogs.
Here's a picture of a homecoming float that Evan worked on with his fraternity...
Isn't it cute? This really doesn't have anything to do with this story other than to show you that we are a Sooner family! My dad went to med school at OU. My sister went to OU and when I was little she would invite me to stay at the Pi Phi house. I was like their little mascot. I was in Kindergarten and I loved the attention. My niece also went to OU and she too was a Pi Phi. And there have been lots of other family members go as well.
Here's Amy dreaming of her time that will come when she too can go to OU.
(picture me doing arm motions... O U)
And from the time she was little she dreamed that she could be just like this girl and get to frolic on the football field with one of the mascots. Boomer and Sooner are naughty mascots and they are not always nice. Amy especially loves that.
And of course every Oklahoman dreams of scores like this! Only if we had it our way the Nebraska score would be zero. Yes, it's greedy... but it's just how we like it. I only know two Husker jokes and I've been telling them every year since I was 14. They are not appropriate to repeat just now.
But this place.... this campus makes us so SO happy. There is absolutely nothing like hearing this stadium yell BOOMER! SOONER!!!! before kick off. It gives me goose bumps. And sometimes I tear up. (ok, I always tear up!)
That being said..... It is with more pride than I can express that today my little girl got her acceptance letter to Oklahoma University for the fall semester of 2011!!!! I love being a Sooner parent. And I love it that both of our kids are Sooners. And even though I'm sad that she won't be home next year, I remember the excitement when Evan left for OU and I know it's going to be the same this coming year!! I look forward to finding an apartment for the two of them... so much fun to come!
We needed something happy to happen... and this pretty much qualifies.
Life IS good!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment