Monday, September 13, 2010

Decisions... decisions...

I was so busy this weekend I didn't have time to blog and now that I do have time I have so much to talk about I can't decide what to talk about.  So I'll start backwards.  It's pretty much how I am.  Backwards.

I got some wonderful hostess gifts from people Saturday night.  I got several bottles of wine which look really great and I'm having an insecure moment now that I realize one of them is a "Fat Bastard" wine.  Is that a hidden message??  I'm going on a diet immediately!

I also got a couple of candles which are heavenly.  My friend Robin brought a Votivo candle which smells delicious and Darla and Rick brought me a Yankee Candle called "Sun and Sand" and it smells like summer!  I love it.  There's a hint of Coppertone in there.  The smells of my childhood summers!
If it only had a rubber raft smell I'd be in Heaven.   That's weird I know but I love it.
They also got me this.


Isn't that the nicest thing?  I really treasure this!  

I've known Darla since elementary school and was reunited thanks to Facebook.  It's been a pleasure getting to know her family.



Doesn't this look cool?  Elizabeth made two different kinds of oil and I wish I'd taken a picture of the other bottle before I sent it to Meggan.  They were two different types of infused oil that Elizabeth made.   Meggan's bottle was thyme, lemon, and pepper.  Mine is Basil, lemon, chives, and peppercorns. (I think!)  



And this morning Denny delivered this peach jam to me that Diana made!  I couldn't wait to try this.  I've already stuck a spoon in it and sampled it! It is so delicious!!  
I feel so spoiled!!  



My friend Carrie did a lot to help me out.  She let me borrow several items from her but she also brought me flowers from her cutting garden to use as decorations.  This picture shows three flowers but for the party she had one flower and a little stone in each votive.  They were simple and perfect.  
She also had this.



So pretty!!




I really wish I was always this good at gift giving.  Gifts that have a personal touch and make someone feel as special as I feel now.  It's the best feeling!  I am making a vow to try to be more personal with my gift giving.  

Life is good!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment