Sunday, September 19, 2010

A hard day

Sometimes there are no words.  My heart was broken yesterday to see a cheer squad who had worked so hard have their dream of competing at the State competition dashed.  They missed the chance to go by one point.  For the two seniors it was the end of the road.  There will be no more chances to go.
It is with a heavy heart that I write this blog.  But in an effort to be real I didn't want to sugar coat this.  It just really stinks.  Now we are looking forward to the All-Region try-outs.  And if our two seniors make All-Region they will be eligible for All-State try-outs.
Last night sitting on the sofa my girl just looked at me with a tear stained face and said "what do I do now?"  So we are thinking about that.  What does she do now?  She's awaiting her letter from Oklahoma University to notify her of her application for admission.  Who knows... she may even consider trying out for the cheer squad.  We'll see.
We just can't stop thinking "one point."

No comments:

Post a Comment