Thursday, September 9, 2010

House Cleaning Tip 101

One time when I went over to my brother John's house he said we need to come visit more often because it made DeAnna clean the house!  And we all laughed but the thing is... that is SO TRUE.  Not about DeAnna, but all of us!  I believe the last time my house was as clean as it is now (which is pretty darn clean) was when we had my 40th birthday party at our house.  I'd never had a party before and we planned a good one!  We had a calypso band come play and we had so much fun out by the pool with great food and drinks and friends.  That was..... 3 years ago.  So obviously I need to have parties more often so my house will get cleaned.   It forces you to go through and throw out things that need to be gone, and look under that sofa, and clean the big rug in your living room.  It even forces you to do things like clean out your closet.  Like anyone is going to be going through my closet! But if they did I really wouldn't mind now.  As a matter of fact we may have to include that on the room tour for our friends who've never seen our house before.  And you guys already know that I've mulched flower beds, etc.. tomorrow it's going to be time to  clean out the fountain in the back yard.

 So that's my  house cleaning tip for the day.  Invite about 60 people to your house and then get busy cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I am making plans for a big clean, right after we finish painting and the new floors and bath fixtures are in!
    Have a great day and thanks for the blog, I love to read it!

    Kari~

    ReplyDelete