Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Easing into fall

Greetings from Grand Lake!  It is a perfect 69 degrees out today with a slight breeze and the sun is shining! Days like this are the best!  But I'm still a little disappointed that I have seen any pelicans coming in.  Don't they know it's time?
I'm a little bit of a grumpy gardner today.  You know I struggled all through summer to keep my plants alive and they held on by a thread through the heat wave and now that they're looking more beautiful than ever... it's time to pull them up.  UGH!!!!  Why?!! WHYYYY!!!!!!!


From the bunny planter...


To the impatients....


My little flower bed by the pool...
It's all thriving.


Ok, so this is a little weird.  They can go.  They're very leggy but then look there are more coming up! 
How do you cold heartedly dump these into the burn pile? 

And oh my gosh... I have this vine thing that screams "FEED ME" every day!


It's my Little Shop of Horrors plant


It obviously will stay until it dies and sadly it's not a perineal. I'm going to have so much fun unwinding it from the fence and the cherry laurels it's attached itself to.  

And look at the container plants that are out by the fireplace.


I promise every single one of these pictures are straight out of the camera, unedited. No photoshopping  or even adjusting the contrast.  They are really this vivid.  Cross my heart!
No way I can bear to pull these up just yet.  

But look what Carrie made me do.


More plants!  



I love the colors of the snap dragons and the pansies!
(now you have to say it like King Julian on Madagascar... They are pansies!)



And little violas..  a classic!


Kale, chard, cabbage, mustard

So it's time for me to put on my big girl panties and go do the dirty deed of emptying out pots! Out with the old and in with the new!  
Oh, and shhhhh!!  Don't tell my husband but I bought another bird feeder.  I had to.  It was on sale.  But look how cool this is...



See!  It collapses!  You can store it flat.  He'll never know it's in the garage!







2 comments:

  1. I guess since it rarely freezes here my plants don't usually die, unless I kill them, by accident. Your plants are all so pretty!

    Kari~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kari! I remember when we lived in Central Texas my yard having annuals year-round. :)

    ReplyDelete