Tuesday, September 14, 2010

party pics

I had such a wonderful time Saturday night!  I thought it was a perfect night for a party.  It had rained all week long and even the day of the party it looked like it might rain.  Then the clouds parted, the sun came out, the temperatures turned mild, and a beautiful moon came out and shined down on us.  

This party was held because we bid on an auction item at the G.E.F.F.E. Gala that was a catered event offered by Shane and Kim Berry who own Timbered-In Catering.  Actually, I started bidding and then when I got up out of my comfort zone Johnny and Meggan Maravich came and graciously bailed me out and said they'd go in half with me.  So the bidding continued.  We were in a bidding war with our friend Greg Martin, who is the Administrator of Grove Integris General Hospital.  It was ridiculous, and I'm sure Greg was a little relieved he didn't win the auction.  Because I was a little stunned that we did.  How was I going to break the news to my husband that I bid on this while he went to the restroom?  We now had a big check to write!  EEEK!!!   But it WAS for a wonderful cause and directly benefited our schools here in Grove. And as usual, my sweet husband was good natured, albeit stunned, and went along with the plan. 
So that was how this party came to pass.... All we had to do was add friends for an instant party. 

I got up Sunday morning to look at my pictures and was disappointed that I'd only taken four pictures.  I was having too much fun I guess, visiting with everyone to take many pictures.  But I did borrow some from Meggan and Carrie.  The pictures only reflect some of the people here and I feel bad that I didn't get everyone!  How did I miss getting a picture of Rick and Darla?  It's crazy that I didn't have that camera strapped around my neck all night long. 


The Hieberts, Connors, Ramsey's, and John and Maria. 
 Happy Birthday Brian!!! (Brian thinks this was a birthday party for him.  shhhh!!!!)



My friends! Steph, Robin and Kirby, Steve and Janee, and Dawn!  It took 5 tries to get them to all turn around and look at me. haha

Meggan and her girlfriends!
Danielle, Amber, Natalie, Carla, Meggan, and Danielle



Lisa and Brian Pitts.  I love Lisa's pretty dress!



Johnny Maravich and his friends.  Johnny works with Joe and there on the right is Stephen Hacker who is another dentist friend.



Danielle and Roger Decker who provided us with a large speaker so we could have music!
Danielle always looks this adorable.

Here's a motley crew.  Winston, Joe, and our large friend Curtiss!  



Katherine (who does all of our Photography) and Jennifer Ellis



Greg and Nickey



Our friend John and his lovely date Maria



On the left is my sweet friend Dawn who recently moved to Kansas City and she came back for the party and it made my whole night seeing her walk into my kitchen. And the cutie on the right is Jamie who is about to be a bride!  Congratulations Jamie!  We are so happy for you and Curtiss.



Kim Hacker, Amber Kernin, and Danielle Allsup


This is Meggan!
I have to apologize to Meggan for posting this picture of her standing next to the bottles of margarita fixin's.

We had decided to have an end-of-summer celebration and so we had a shrimp boil and The Berry's brought a margarita machine.  The food was absolutely delicious and I heard compliments about the food all night long.  The Berry's were wonderful to cater and work the event and I appreciate their donation that made all of this possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment