Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a visitor

I know this is crazy posting all these bug pictures.  It's a little gross and it's also dangerous!  VERY dangerous in fact.  Because if this thing had jumped on me I would have dropped dead.


I went outside to give the puppies two left over poached eggs and then I sprayed off the deck where they ate.  And then I gave my bougainvilleas a little squirt with the hose too.  But I saw something move.  I'm pretty used to see hummingbirds around them, and bees, and even spiders.  But I didn't expect to see a praying mantis.  So naturally I ran for my camera! I have to see this thing close up!  It was really hard to get the macro lens to focus on the bug.  It kept wanting to capture the trees behind the plant and when I would go to click to take a picture it would be trees again in focus instead of the bug.  So I carefully picked up the hanging basket and moved it to a table where I could get closer to the critter.


Poor bug!  I got it all wet!  It was up there licking the water beads off it's paws.  I prefer to call them paws instead of pincers because it makes it seem like it's nicer.  



Peek-a-boo!!!



I see you!!!

By the way... please eat all my spiders.  Ok?  Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. When you started the sentence:
    "Because if this thing had jumped on me I would have dropped...",
    I was expecting you to say "...my camera" instead of "...dead"

    ô¿~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl...that's being pretty up close and personal tothat thing..
    Great pics..

    Hugs,
    Shug

    ReplyDelete