It is football season! I could not be happier. It's my absolute favorite time of the year!!! I love the feel of an indian summer, and the excitement and anticipation of football games. And if you've never lived in a small town and had the chance to experience this you should move. Right now.
There is nothing that can compare with living in a small town and getting to experience football season. You have pep assemblies, you get to hear the band play songs like "Hey Baby", you have pep rallies, bon fires, the post game celebrations but most of all.. the game!!!
Those Friday night lights!!! The excitement is palpable. It's a time when the whole community pulls together. Especially when you play your biggest rivals. This was the case last Friday. We played Jay, which is in our same county and there has been a rivalry between these two towns since the towns very first came into being. I was shocked when I moved here to see how emotional people get when it comes to playing our rivals. I'm talking TEARS. I've seen tears when one team loses to the other.
It has been especially exciting for me watching the games since I've watched Amy cheer all during high school. It is hard for me to keep my eye on the girls while watching the game but I've gotten pretty good at doing both. This year is my girl's senior year and it makes me a little bit sad to think about that but as soon as the first game happened I was right back to feeling excited. I don't take too many pictures once the game gets started but I did capture a few pictures right at the beginning. Here are the cheerleaders out on the field waiting for the boys to run through the tunnel.
Hi mom!
They've got to keep an eye on the boys so they don't get run over!
The team waiting on the coin toss so they can get the game underway!
The crowd is reading for the kick-off
I love this picture with the helmets in hand, the cheerleaders yelling, and the fans yelling..
GOOOOOOOOO GROVE!
Here's Michele having a word with Ridgy
And the game is on!
The drumline came around to show off their skills
By the way... we won this year and it was especially nice since the night before our game our school was vandalized. Rumor has it the cheerleaders were responsible. ?? Who knows.
There's a really cute picture of the boys kissing the game trophy. Yes, there's a trophy for this game! It's the Delaware County Bowl!! But I don't have it. It made for some very happy seniors!!!
Life is good!










Oh ya girl.....Bring it on. Having a son-in-law that coaches football keeps us all in the season....I was so excited to watch our oldest grandson play football this year as a Freshman, but he broke his arm..
ReplyDeleteHe'll be back next year...Football is great and the cheerleading is too. I remember those days very well....