Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baby's Day Out

Playing Hooky:
Truancy is any intentional unauthorized absence from compulsory schooling. The term typically describes absences caused by students of their own free will, and usually does not refer to legitimate "excused" absences, such as ones related to medical conditions. ..


Yep, that's it.  That's what happened.  And I know... I'm not exactly the mother of the year, but that's exactly what was needed.  
I talked Amy into skipping school yesterday and spending the day with me instead.  It's been days of feeling down and depressed and we needed to clear the cobwebs and get some fresh air.  So we slept in, first of all, which was desperately needed.  Then we took off in the car for Northeast Arkansas to go shopping.  We ended up having a wonderful day.  The weather could not have been better.  It was the perfect temperature outside and we went to Pinnacle Hills which is an outdoor mall.  We bought birthday presents for friends that have upcoming birthdays and had a nice relaxing lunch at P.F. Changs. Then we continued shopping.  We found great sales and ended up getting outfits for  spirit days for homecoming week.  It was a ton of fun.  We found clearance items that were marked way down.  I'm talking $1.99 for a shirt, etc..  And we had fun buying crazy clothes that I can't believe were actually in these stores.  My personal favorite find was the shiny metallic gold leggings that made Amy look like R2D2 when she put them on.  But sadly... we didn't go with those... we got the silver ones instead.   One of the sales guys was really getting into helping us find 80's clothing and was telling me all about what they wore in the 80's.  UH... HELLO??? I am the 80's.  I assured him I got this one covered.  And I'm really excited that Amy is going to let me hot roll and tease her hair.  I probably need to go buy some Sebastian hair spritz now!  I even wanted to spray her with wild musk but she draws the line at scents of the 80's.   shucks. I seriously might have to plan a sneak attack as she walks out the door.  Sand and Sable, Charles of the Ritz, Lauren, or Beautiful.. oh yeah... sneak attack is the way to go!


I really had a great day with her and thought many times about the fact that days like this are going to be few and far between once she moves away from home.  That is unless I can talk her into going to U of A and then days like that could happen once a week!!!!  


I really am counting my blessings.   I'm so thankful that our family is so close.  When one of us has a broken heart we all do.  That goes for our friends too.  We had friends that said goodbye to an old buddy of their this week.  Hershey was a chocolate lab that my friends had for over 15 years and he was such a great dog.  Hershey passed this week and everyone was feeling more than a little blue.  It was heart-breaking to say goodbye.  
We need some sunshine and happiness to come our way!  We are working on holding our heads up and smiling and moving forward.  It's not always easy but thank goodness we all have each other!  
Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. Wish that blogs had "like" buttons ... but, since they done:

    Like - X

    ReplyDelete