Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saturday night sunset on Lake Ouachita

The heat really zapped us yesterday!  After getting in late afternoon we all scarfed down a lunch that consisted of Grandma Amy's layer salad and some cold pasta salad I brought.  Then we laid down and crashed in the air-conditioning.
But later, I wanted to go find the sunset and watch it.  And, o.k. I wanted to get some pictures of it too.
But I had a hard time finding anyone who wanted to go back out.  The heat index was still over 100 degrees.   Amy ended up going with me, and sure enough we scooted around until we found the perfect spot to watch the sun go down.



We rounded the corner by Shangri-la Resort and voila! There it was.  That's Shangri-La to the left but you can't really see it in the shadows.




Not to sound bitter, but twice yesterday a boat would go by us, look over at us as I'm sitting there with my camera, look up at what I was taking a picture of, and then STOP.  RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.
Hello people!  That's rule #1 of sunset photo taking etiquette.  I wanted to go smack them. I think the heat was getting to me because I truly was drenched in sweat.  I was starting to have violent thoughts.
Nothing comes between me and my sunset.  Well... except for that pontoon boat and a ski boat which I've cropped out.





But I still think life is good! Even if there's a pontoon boat in my beautiful sunset photo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment