I'm so excited about the weekend, which for us, starts in a few hours. Amy and I are taking off by ourselves for a mother-daughter shopping excursion in Dallas. And we're going to stop in Norman on our way and see someone that Amy misses.
I was trying to remember if we've ever done this before and I really don't think we have. We've gone ahead of the rest of the family on trips and had a few hours alone together, and we used to do Girl Scout excursions but we weren't really by ourselves. And actually those Girl Scout trips always made Amy mad because other little girls would hang on me and she didn't like sharing.
It will be fun! A WHOLE weekend together. She will be trapped in a car or hotel room with me. I know how she loves questions like "Who are you texting?" This should be fun. I should make a list of questions I want to ask her. :)
I'm trying to figure out what I should pack. Do you pack a bunch of clothes when you're going shopping? I don't think I should. Besides that I've been living on the lake all summer and my wardrobe is pretty laid back. Shorts and t-shirts and either flip flops or no shoes at all.
On a side note...
Amy got to model for a friend last night and do a photo shoot for a new ad. It was fun. She modeled socks. :) Actually, they're very cute socks. The challenge was to make it not look like summer so after she got in from cheer practice she got to put on a sweater and UGGs. And if that wasn't bad enough on a hot August day I fed everyone chili for dinner.
See the fur at the top of the boots? It looks like fur.
They are actually socks that you can wear with any style boot and wear with jeans, skirts, etc.. the socks are called Socks Appeal. And you can find them at Grand Panache. She has several styles and this year even has Socks Appeal for kids. They are precious!
I want to thank Evan for being so sweet and letting me borrow his car to take to Dallas. And for filling it with gas and washing it. :)
I had a bad day yesterday. My check engine light came on, took it in and they said it was a suspension code. Then I took my car to the tire shop because there was a bulge in the exterior wall of the brand new tire. Turns out the tire didn't make it in so I drove it home without being fixed. Then on my way home my check engine light came BACK on. grrr..... But that was only one small part of my day. I dropped a graham cracker pie crust on my kitchen floor which made the dogs happy. I knocked over a glass of wine, and I made a pie that didn't set.
But I'm putting that behind me... and today is going to be a GREAT day! I can't wait to take off with Amy! Big D here we come!!!


Have fun be safe and Evan said look to see what's ahead before pulling out into traffic!
ReplyDelete