Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just breathe...

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth.  I'm busy protesting.  For one thing I'm protesting this heat but mostly I'm protesting my daughter's senior year of school.  I figure if I don't talk about it or acknowledge it it won't happen.
I've also figured out it's hard to blog when you're pouting.

Meanwhile, I've been outside in the heat working on keeping my flowers and yard from getting crispy in this crazy heat.  Driving home yesterday my car actually registered 106 at one point.  Our heat index was up to 112.  It feels like someone is pointing a hot blow dryer on you when you walk out the door.  I'm also watering Sharon Jean's flowers and Carrie's flowers while she's on vacation.  It takes me about an hour and a half to get all 3 houses done. Today I came in the house and laid down on my bed to cool off and when I got up there was a wet spot on the sheets in the shape of my body.  YUCK.  I swore I wouldn't complain about the heat this summer after our long cold winter... but really?  This is just ridiculous.

I decided to plant my plants I bought on sale the other day.  I got some plants for 50 cents and some for 25 cents and was so proud!  But I didn't really think about what it was going to be like planting them.  I've pulled up some of my potted plants that aren't doing well to make room for them.  My family is pretty sure I've lost my mind.  But I want the yard to be presentable when we have our party in September.  I can't wait for cooler weather.

I wanted to tell you guys that the Orange Dreamsicle Cake was wonderful!!  It got 10 thumbs up! It was very refreshing and made for a great summertime dessert.  If you like orange flavored stuff you should try it.

I'm looking forward to this Saturday and seeing my friends Darla and Rick and their sons.  I hope the weather cooperates.  It's also the "bobber drop" here in Grove.  They fly over the Honey Creek area and drop bobbers out of the Helicopter? Plane?  And there are prizes attached to the bobbers donated by the Grove area merchants.  I didn't get to do this last year but THIS year I'm going to be out bright and early looking for bobbers.

I hope everyone is having a great week and when I quit pouting I'll blog again.
<3
Life is Good!

2 comments:

  1. hush. It just hasn't hit you yet. You'll be worse than me when it does hit you.

    ReplyDelete