Monday, August 23, 2010

Recovery


Coming home is such a bittersweet feeling.  I really missed Joe, Evan, Mazie, and Coco..  and my bed. And my friends.  And the lake.  But ohhhh Dallas was so nice!  The service, the food, the shopping, and even the traffic.  I do love it there.  It's an adrenaline rush. 
On our way home last night I started getting a really bad headache, the got progressively worse. I don't know if it was a focal headache, or a migraine but I got a stabbing pain in the back of my eye and got so nauseated I wasn't sure if I was going to make it the last 30 minutes of the drive.  I ended up having to use Phenergan for the nausea so I am dragging today big time.  The suitcases are still sitting on the floor full of dirty clothes.  :(  

This trip was all about Amy and back to school shopping. 



She did very well.  Made out like a bandit.  But she made good clothing choices and came home with some very nice stuff.  I'm so happy that she's growing out of the Hollister and Abercrombie phase.  I can't blame my headache on those stores! ha.  They always did make me feel bad.  Between the annoying music and overpowering smells.  And the sales staff that ignores you... I'm sure not going to miss those places.  No.... we went instead to a very service- oriented store.  Nordstroms!  The sales girl went to other departments to gather items for Amy to try on once she figured out what her needs were and even went to the Bistro to get me an ice water.  I loved having people bring stuff to us.  I could get used to that. 

We discovered quickly that we'd gone to Dallas on the tax-free weekend.  Which was both good and bad.  Good because we saved a lot of money.  But bad because the crowds were out of control.  They had police directing traffic in and out of the mall.  Luckily we got an early start and didn't have to fight for a place to park.   The other cool thing is they were having a model search at Northpark mall and there were people lined up for miles around the mall and we got to watch several make their walk down the runway for their auditions.  It was soooo interesting seeing that.  Some people had very exotic looks and some people.... well.  It was just interesting.  Glad they have good self-esteem.  Bless their hearts.

The highlight of our trip was without-a-doubt going to dinner at The Oceanaire.  We had the best waiter ever.  Mason.  The Queen of Dallas.  He was a hoot.  He told us what we were going to eat for dinner and we decided we'd better listen.  He did not steer us wrong.  It was all delicious.  He sat with us and talked for a while and we agreed we'd call him and go back out when we go back to Dallas in November.  I know that the rest of my family will enjoy him just as much as Amy and I did.  Mason even had the tables around us entranced.  One waitress said it's really hard on all of the other waiters because everyone wants Mason.  :)  I believe it.  Having him serve you is like dinner AND a show.  

I only came back with two pairs of jeans, one black t-shirt, and these shoes.



I'm really excited about being taller.  I can't wait.  I wonder if I'll look skinny.  lol  Don't burst my bubble and comment on that!


But here are a couple of things that I brought home and believe it or not I'm just as happy with these purchases as I could be with a car full of clothes. 



A tiny orchid.  And actually this is Amy's orchid but she needs me to take care of it.  So I claim it.



I've been wanting to read "The Help" and went to look for it.  Then discovered that two of my favorite authors have new books out!  :O)  yay!!!!!


Corinthian chimes.  I've been obsessing about chimes ever since our trip to Mt. Harbor over the Fourth of July.  I found these at Whole Foods in Tulsa.  I need another hook to hang them on.  I had to take down a hanging plant to put these up.  But they are outside just dinging away!  

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I now know why you had a headache. My head does crazy things when I am in the middle of a busy mall. Glad you had a safe trip and I hope you feel better today...
    Blessings,
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had fun. You must have caught something from one of those shoppers.
    Have a wonderful evening.

    Kari~

    ReplyDelete