Monday, August 2, 2010

The wakeboard cove




This sign was worthy of two shots: The first one to show you just how high up it is.  The second one for those of you who can't read something that small.




It makes me smile mostly because people have been doing stuff like this around the lake since I can remember just to make it hard for the Army Corps of Engineers to cut it down.  I love it.  Back in my day we'd hang rope swings.  Well, not ME but its what people would do.  It would be enjoyed for a couple of months and then the corps would cut it down.  There was one tree was used  back between the Shangri-La camp grounds and Denby Point. That rope was rehung so many times that the Corps finally had to cut the tree down. 




Amy pointing to the sign.  
Yes, she's sticking her tongue out at it but really she's just pointing to it and is to lazy to use her hands.
true story.
I can't make this up.



I wanted to say that I did not take any of the pictures on this blog.  Either Evan or Amy took all of them.




I think they did a pretty good job!










There's hotter than hell mountain in the background
(a.k.a. Hickory Nut Mountain)





Amy was taking pictures but I was thinking of how bad I was going to hurt these people if they got too close to Joe.  Can you believe this????  Rude.





THIS is why we're on this trip over here...
See it?  Look at that smile!





Yep! Life is good!!!











3 comments:

  1. its good to have you guys here :) xoxo tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! See you can post a comment!! Tell me again when you and Del are coming up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the weekend of september 17th. Does that look ok for you guys? im exhausted working on late assessment, trying to clean and pack. not getting very much done :(
    wish you guys would be spontaneous and pack and go too :)))

    ReplyDelete