Tuesday, December 21, 2010

This is.... Tuesday. I think!

Oh man, today was a grocery shopping day.  Time to stock up in the hopes that I will have enough groceries to get past Christmas Day.  I had the same plan as the rest of our county. We all went to Walmart at the same time.  Now that I have all the groceries unloaded and put away I really just don't feel like cooking.  Weird.  Full pantry. Not cooking.  I'm sure it thrills my husband when I feel that way after spending $250 on food and drinks.  (sigh) Oh well, I'll make it up another day.  Right now, I am tired!  I have been sitting in a chair watching the cat go crazy after playing with his catnip toy.  Good times.


Are any of you making a ham for Christmas?  What do you do with your ham leftovers or ham bone?
We either make a scalloped potatoes if we have enough ham left over or we make potato soup.  But if we have a ham shank we will most likely freeze it so that we can use it when making pinto beans at a later date.
Here's my secret weapon when making beans:


This Fiesta Brand seasoning was everywhere when I lived in Texas but is not so available around here.  I ordered mine from the Fiesta company and they mailed it to me.  This was after searching EVERYWHERE for it.  Then a few months ago Carrie had taken me to Price Cutter in Joplin.  They carry items that my local stores don't have.  They have a huge organic section.  But when I turned down the spice isle and saw Fiesta seasonings I wanted to do a cartwheel in the isle!  YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

So if you happen to go to the store and you see this little bottle of seasonings you should seriously consider giving it a try!  You will love it!  

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening! I'm going to keep sitting here watching the cat play with his catnip toy. And I'll try to keep Mazie from eating the cat.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment