Monday, December 13, 2010

Recipes for Christmas snacks

I found my mom's recipe for Chex mix.  It had obviously been around for a while as it called for both butter and oleo. That's something you don't hear now!  I know it seems silly to make a snack mix when they're so readily available now.  But oh my, there is nothing better than a warm batch that has been freshly made.  I think it's a million times better than what you can buy.

Follow this link for some new recipes.  The original is there too!

http://www.chex.com/Recipes/Recipes.aspx


Remember the old spice tea recipe?  The one made of Tang?  Boy if that doesn't bring back nostalgic feelings I don't know what will.  Here's the recipe for that!

Spiced Tea

2 cups of Tang powder
1/2 cup of instant tea
1 package of lemonade mix (6.2 oz package)
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp. of ground cloves
1 tsp. of ground cinnamon

Mix well.  Store in tightly covered jar.  Add 2 tsp to hot water and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment