- Sausage
- Frozen Texas Toast
- Eggs
- Cheese
You can cook sausage if you like. I used my sausage yesterday making sausage balls and so I used these little Great Value Brand sausage patties that are cooked and frozen. They're pretty handy so I keep them in the freezer. This morning I used about 5 patties and cut them into pieces.
For the Texas Toast you can use any flavor you like. I happened to have the garlic flavor but I would have used the one with cheese too. It doesn't matter. You need to cook those according to package directions. Use about 4 pieces. Cut the toast into bite size pieces.
Eggs. You'll need 8-12 eggs. I wouldn't try to use less than 8 eggs. You'll need to use a whisk to blend well. Because I only had 8 eggs and I was worried it might not be enough for this casserole I also added about 1/2 cup of milk.
You can use whatever cheese you have on hand. I decided to go with the Italian blend because it was handy and already shredded. Around here it's pronounced "eye-tal-yun". I would happily use any other type of cheese though. If Lori was here I would have used pepper jack because she likes her food hot and spicy.
Spray your pan with cooking spray and add sausage
Then add your toast
Then add your cheese (about 2 cups)
Pour your egg mixture over the dish
I garnished mine with parsley flakes and paprika for color
Bake at 375 for 50 minutes to an hour
Should be bubbly and set up in the center
Enjoy! It's pretty easy and great for a weekend breakfast or if you have company! Get ready though, because the smell of the Texas Toast cooking will wake everyone up. :)






Got here thru Lori Sanford, very nice blog
ReplyDelete