Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bonefish Grill Citrus Herb Vinaigrette

Ok. This isn't really the recipe from the Bonefish Grill it is a recipe that was inspired by their recipe for their Citrus Herb Vinaigrette.  I found it by using Google but then I read the comments under the copycat recipe and several were written by people who worked for Bonefish Grill and although they wouldn't share the actual recipe they did make some suggestions.  From those suggestions I decided to wing it and make my own version of it.  Which is usually what I do anyway.  I have to say... it was pretty amazing.  And so I decided to share it with you!


Those of you that have eaten at Bonefish Grill know that they give you a basic salad and give you the option of choosing your dressing and cheese.  I happened to choose their house dressing (this recipe) and feta cheese.  It also came with kalamata olives and a white "thing" that didn't taste bad... but I couldn't identify it and had to ask what it was.  Turns out it was a section of corn cob.  Who knew?! Needless to say, I can live without that part of it.  

For our recipe Joe and I used a spring mix and red, yellow, and green bellpeppers (which weren't on my salad) and shredded carrots.  We used Croutons, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.  

In a bowl, add the following ingredients:

2/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
3 T. water (I used orange juice instead) 
2 T. of wine vinegar or red wine (I used red wine)
3 -4 cloves of minced garlic
1 T. of coarse ground mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste (I didn't use much) 

Imulsify these ingredients either in a blender, food processor, or using a hand held immulsifier.  
Then add 1 tsp. basil
and 1 Tablespoon of dried cilantro.  

Chill and serve.  


It sounds like it's a lot of steps but it's really not.  And we've used the dressing two nights in a row and still have some.  

Hope everyone is having a VERY merry Christmas.  :)  

1 comment:

  1. the salad was good ,the dressing was amazing! good job baby!

    ReplyDelete