I woke up this morning in a cooking mood. So I put together some sausage balls and have them in the oven. We almost like them better leftover than when they're fresh. I'm also going to try something new. New for me, anyway... I have never made french toast. Never. And I'm out of bread so you may be wondering how I'm going to pull that off. But I was thinking about using Panettone instead. Doesn't that sound yummy???
I got mine from Williams-Sonoma but I know there are other places sell Panettone around Christmas time every year. It is a bread that is imported from Italy. Or as my little tin says it's a "Christmas cake meant to bring good luck." It is like a raisin bread only it also has roasted chestnuts in it. The smell- oh my gosh! When I opened up the cellophane and popped open the tin the smell is enough to make you drool. It almost smells like it has brandy or something in it but it doesn't.
The first time I ever had this was in Crested Butte. My sister used it to make a bread pudding for our Christmas Eve dinner. That was when I became a converted bread pudding lover. I used to hate it. This with a rum sauce... oh my. It was so delicious.
So this morning I'm going to make French toast with this decadent bread. I may go into a sugar coma afterwards.
Just wanted to let you know Arthur is adjusting very well. He woke up in the middle of the night and went back and forth between me and Joe rubbing on us and purring very loudly and giving us kisses. It's hard to be mad at a kitten who is so grateful.
Yesterday we got home and he had knocked over a candlestick and broke it along with the candle. We decided that he needed a middle name so that we could scold him using his full name.
Arthur___ Robinson! So one facebook post later, and we had his middle name. Winston came up with Thomas which is just perfect. It sounds great and it was my daddy's name.
So now we have Arthur Thomas Robinson!
Well, have a happy day!!!! I'm off to make breakfast! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment