Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Ok, so you ever have one of those weeks?  I had one of those weeks.  Only this one was especially tough.  Some of it I can't talk about and some of it I can.  The part I can talk about is my terrible, terrible luck.
Our big boat had one engine that wouldn't start.  My car was on the fritz.  I'd had to call roadside assistance because it wouldn't start while we were out of town.  My daughter's check engine light came on and we ended up having to have it towed to the Mini dealer in Oklahoma City which is 3 hours away because her timing chain was about to break.  We had our washing machine start leaking, our built in microwave stop working, and a latch broke on our dishwasher.  That's the stuff that was small.  The rest of it I can't talk about.  So... yes.  Prayers are needed.  But thankfully we recognize what really matters in life and what doesn't.  People matter, possessions don't.
So the mechanics came out and thankfully got the boat fixed with minimal effort and cost.  (shewww!)
The appliance repair people came out and are "coming back" with parts, hopefully, to fix the appliances.  Never realized how much of a pain not having a microwave could be.  Now I have to cook like the Amish.
The Mini Cooper dealer called and said that they would have Amy's car ready this weekend.  They said thankfully the timing chain had not broken yet.  They said it could have caused a lot of damage in the engine compartment if it had.  So yay, it's under warranty (by the skin of our teeth).  So my sweet husband knowing how difficult this week has been tries to cheer us up by buying OU football tickets and booking a hotel room at the last minute so we can make the trip to the big city and go pick up our girl's car and have a little bit of fun while we're at it.

Only, that didn't happen.  Parts didn't make it in.  Don't know if that was related to all the UPS issues and security problems that we had in our country towards the end of the week.  But the parts didn't make it in.  AND we now had hotel reservations and football tickets.  hmmmm.... what to do???

We went.  And luckily the dealership has agreed to ship the car to us.  Which somehow was never offered as an option before.  But at least it is now.  So I'm not complaining.  And we went to the game and had a really great time in spite of the fact that 1/4 of my clan wasn't there.  I really hate it that my boy is growing up and has a real job that keeps him from living on my schedule.  But, it is what it is.  And I'm very proud of him for being the person he is and going in and working hard and never complaining even though I know it's not an easy job.

So, it's all going to be ok.  Even the stuff I can't talk about.  I have faith.  And I just know it's all going to be ok.  I'm never wrong about these things.  I have really good intuition and I know it will.  But I still want you guys to pray because tough times are ahead for people I love very much.

Soooooooooooo.... we went to the game.  :)
And we DID have fun.  And we did forget about all the curve balls life throws at you for one night.
Nothing like a Sooner football game to cheer you up.  At least the ones we win, right?

There is only one small problem.   I'm really mad at Boomer.  Do you remember Boomer?


AWWWWW!!!!!  <3

No, not this Boomer!



THIS ONE!!!!  

OH MY GOSH!!! BAD PONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gave me heart failure!  I was so unhappy!!!  I wanted to go spank him.  Look at that.  Yes, it is the top wall of the stadium.  I was seriously about to go chew his little horse butt out but then I saw this.





She got him before I did.  
You guys know that my momma radar is always on.  



But I couldn't stay mad.  He's so sweet.  I want to give him sugar cubes. 

So we were standing there patiently waiting for all the little kids to get their picture taken with him and watching him be adorable.  Then this happened. 




Rude lady jumped the line.  
She literally pulled him around and got her picture made ahead of the kids.  
See the people laughing?  I am sure it's because of the face I made as my jaw hit the floor.  

Too much tailgaiting??? uhmmmm hellooooo!!!!!!!!!!









But Boomer quickly salvaged the situation and got back to what mattered.  The children!  :)  But then when I snapped the picture I hear a row of frat guys behind me say "Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!"  

ugh.  

I'm just going to go curl up in a ball now and suck my thumb.  





No comments:

Post a Comment