Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Here's what been cookin'

It was a busy day yesterday!  Got up and went to the store and then started cooking for Amy's birthday.  I made her favorite meal which is Elizabeth's recipe for Italian Chicken with New Orleans Spaghetti Bordelaise.  I didn't have spaghetti noodles so I made it with a penne pasta.  It was yummy!!!

It's so garlicky and lemony.  mmmmmmmm!!!!



I also made my very first coconut cream pie from scratch.. Meringue and all!!!  So proud of myself!!  But I was so stressed out from baking that I forgot to take a picture.  That was a big deal for me since I'm really not a baker.
We ate dinner and then Amy put on her birthday present from her dad.


A SNUGGIE!!!


(She said this is how the lady poses in the advertisement)

We really had a great night!  Sitting at the dinner table with both of my kids was awesome.  Evan didn't have to work and it was nice to just sit and relax and talk.   

Now for the pelican update.  I've seen pelicans while I'm driving but haven't seen any up near my house yet.  Usually I'll see them early in the morning or at night but they hadn't come around this season.  Today while I was folding clothes I heard my phone ding and saw I had a text from my friend Steph.  It said "I see pelicans!" and at that moment I looked out my window and saw several flying by.  It was so lucky!!!  So I grabbed my camera and caught them as they were flying away.  I hope this is the first of many times that they'll come around. 


This isn't the best picture because they were in the middle of the lake but I was still happy to see them.

Then as I stood out there I saw other birds flying around.


The cormorants made lots of noise!


I want to wish Amy and Meghan good luck tomorrow!  They have All-Region Cheer try-outs.  We're getting up early and heading to Verdigris.  I know they are awesome cheerleaders and I'm very proud of them!  


So, I'm off to bed!!  Morning is going to come wayyyy to soon.  

<3  Life is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment