Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Fall ya'll


We went for a boat ride yesterday- my sweetie and me!  What a pretty fall day!  We went to look for pelicans and saw everything but pelicans.  I even saw this little turtle frolicking in the sun.  He doesn't really look like the frolicking type though does he?  He reminds me of a man that Lori and I saw last Saturday night after he got rejected by a much younger woman.  Isn't it fun to watch people?  


Here's the view of Shangri-la from Serenity point



The trees are beginning to turn here

As we got up near the dam we saw this along the shoreline.  There was an older gentleman up on his deck blowing leaves and seemed pleased that I was getting a picture of his handy work.  His house was pretty far up the hill.  I keep wondering: Did this man look at this rock and think to himself it's clearly a razorback?  I wonder what motivated him to paint this.  You  know this wasn't easy!



Yesterday it was breezy but not too much.  Not like Saturday which was pretty darn gusty. Here's a boat going up the lake on Saturday.  Isn't it amazing that we Grand Lakers love boating so much we'd even go out in this?




Here's a closer look



No thank you!
That is a cabin cruiser.  It's a pretty big boat but the spray just swallows it.
I just stayed snuggled up in my blanket with the dogs.  I love boating but not that much!  

P.S.  I know most of you are my friends on facebook and probably already know this but Amy and Meghan did make All- Region!  It was a tense day.  But they both did great and we're very proud of  them.

No comments:

Post a Comment