The inspiration for this recipe came when I was in Wal-Mart in Bentonville, Arkansas. It completely blows our local Wal-Mart out of the water as far as variety and options. They have a much larger organic section and well, just about every section has more choices. While I was shopping for company I had picked up some steaks but then I saw these:
Maybe this shows how incredibly sheltered I am, but I've never seen Ribeyes this THIN. I immediately started thinking of what I could do with them and thought it would make a Heavenly steak sandwich so I came home and threw them in the freezer along with the buns that I would use.
See? Frozen buns.
Which coincidentally I've had for the last two days here in NE Oklahoma! :)
Then last week I was reading Southern Living and read an article about a food blogger turned cookbook author and went to her website. She had a recipe for steak sandwiches on her site but it didn't really suite me. She used deli meat and I was in the mood for something more...... delicious? hearty?
But I did see that she used a sauce I'd never heard of before and my ears perked up. I had to check this out.
Dale's Seasoning
Again... some of you probably already know about this but I hardly ever leave home. So I was excited to find this! It's sort of a cross between soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. Or at least that's how it smelled when I marinated the steaks with it. But the flavor when it was cooked was very nice!! VERY.
So here's the part I forgot to document. I marinated the steaks, and then grilled them on a hot grill for a short period of time along with bell peppers and onions. It really took longer to cook the veggies than the meat. Then I toasted the whole wheat buns and put some provolone cheese on there and then the steak and veggies! Voila! It was done. It was even amazing as leftovers.
I plan to go back and get some more of those thin ribeyes to keep on hand in the freezer. That was so incredibly simple to fix.
For the last two days we've had a frost warning here in the NE section of our state and this was our view of the lake this morning. See? Frozen buns. I've still got my summer clothes out and haven't got one thing to wear when it's 39 degrees! So that's what my next chore is. And to think I made fun of my friend for getting out her winter clothes yesterday morning.
I think until it warms up I'm going to plop in a movie. Waking Ned Devine (which is hilarious) will cheer me up, I hope.
P.s. Here's a photo of the leftovers!!







One of these days I will remember my Google acct. password so I can post comments without using the Anonymous profile. Geez Had I have known you needed cheering up I would have dressed like a homeless person and came over to dance a little jig for ya....Maybe we need to go take photos tomorrow!! There's a pond I have been wanting to stop at really bad. Carrrie
ReplyDeleteThe pond will be pretty when leaves start turning. :)
ReplyDelete