Friday, October 29, 2010

Frost on the pumpkin

After a crazy front that brought very strong winds we've spent the last few days plucking our Adirondack chairs out of the lake, up righting our patio furniture, and picking up limbs.  Then we had our first freeze.  I'm not sure that it actually got below 32 degrees at my house because I live very close to the lake.  But it was definitely chilly and my summer plants are finally withering away.  I cut all of my herbs last night and sent them to my friend Diana's house so she can put them in her new dehydrator.  We also pulled plants into the garage that we wanted to try to salvage.  It was a lot, and I'm not sure how many of them will make the final cut, but it was too painful to make that decision yesterday on such a beautiful sunny day.


Can you tell what this is?  It's a stain that was left on my driveway after the leaves were cleaned off.  

Guess what I found?  Thanks to my friend Steph ,who helped me, out I found birds!  To be specific I found pelicans!   It was pretty cool!  They were fishing and were oblivious to me snapping their pictures. 


I love how they just float around one minute and then they POUNCE!



He's got the fishy in his bill.




I thought that these guys took off because I spooked them but a fishing boat came zooming by.  But eventually they came back around.


I wish I'd had the whole afternoon to sit and watch them and enjoy the beautiful day.  But I had to go!  


And this guy was  glad to see me leave so he could get back to fishing!










No comments:

Post a Comment