Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a dirty chore...

Well, I'm proud to say I finally finished cleaning out my closet. (achoo!)  how does sooo much dust collect in there?  I also finally cleaned out my jeans section of my closet which involved the painful process of trying on jeans and coming to the sad realization that I need to give 3/4 of them up.  I have a really hard time doing that because jeans are just so flippin expensive.  I've thought about selling them in a consignment shop because they are all in great shape.  But making $20 off of a pair of $130 jeans is hardly satisfying.  I'd feel much better if I could give them to someone.  The problem is all my friends different sizes and I don't know anyone who is my size!  I have a bunch of 28's and 29's.
I've even washed them!  :-)

I cleaned all day while watching & listening to the miners being rescued in Chile.  What a miracle that is.  Even the poor guy who's wife and girlfriend met each other while grieving over the mine collapse.  I love the fact that the wife showed up when he surfaced and she was sporting a new hairdo.  I guess we should continue to pray for him.  :)

I discovered yesterday that the deer had eaten every flower off of my pansies and had pulled half of them up out of the ground.  And my pretty little swiss chard?  chewed off at the ground.  Glad I could provide a nice salad for them. But thanks to a trip to the nursery I am armed with all sorts of smelly things to keep them away.  I also got some good advice on how to attract the armadillos so that I can trap them. The only thing is I've got to stay away from their claws.  I didn't know they can give you leprosy!  YUCK. Don't want that.  I did get compliments though from my nursery guy on my mobile coon trap!




So, I guess I need to get back to recipe searching, picture taking, and blogging.  I'm determined to go find some pelicans for ya!  
Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this fall photo.  I was out watering and doing a rain dance hoping the clouds would open.  Sadly we barely got any.  But it was pretty outside. 


See you soon friends, 
Life is good!!!

2 comments:

  1. I spent ALL DAY yesterday sorting through the clothes in my closet. What a chore. Can't wait to see a picture of the pelicans..

    Hugs
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the are up on the NE end of the lake and it's too shallow for me to get to in our boat. But I have a friend that is supposed to take me out. I can't wait either!!

    ReplyDelete