Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Great White Pumpkin

It's time to drag out the fall decorations! (yay!) It's my favorite time of year!  It always has been.  There's something exciting about fall.  The cooler temperatures make you want to snuggle up with those you love.  And then there's FOOTBALL!!!!!!  But there's also a melancholy feel to fall .  It's when my daddy died.  You would think that would make me sad to think about that, but it actually always makes me smile because I know my dad loved fall too.  He's the one, after all, who taught me how to appreciate nature and fall is when nature really shows off.  
It's time to "nest" and prepare for the cold months.  It's time to make comfort foods, especially the not-so-healthy sinful ones that stick to your ribs. It's time to just slow down..... and enjoy everything. It's the time of year when you run into people at football games you haven't seen in months and catch up.  It's time to drag out those clothes that cover up your body because you've ruined all that hard work by eating "comfort foods",  and you get to wear Ugg Boots which are ugly but it's acceptable because it's cold.  But oh man.... are they ever comfortable.  And warm.    It's not yet Christmas and you have the occasional indian summer days that help you ease into the season. 
But most of all... I love fall because it's another excuse to decorate the house.  And to buy pumpkin candles.  My candles smell AWESOME.  Last night my boys dug into the attic and looked for my fall decorations.  I'm pretty sure we're missing some from last year, but I'll just have to go find more.  (shh!)
Fall colors are my favorite.  And my gold walls in the house were made for decorating this time of year.  I would keep it this way year round if my friends didn't give me a hard time. 


It's a work in progress right now because I'm sure there is more to add....




But the best find of all was this!





Rodents!  



I love them!!!  
Carrie and I found them in Pottery Barn and I went gaga.  
I've had these critters for weeks just waiting on the right time to pull them out.

We even split a six pack of mice! 

And look!!! It's the great white pumpkin!!! 
hehe...

It's not really the great WHITE pumpkin but Winston thinks it is. :)


2 comments: