Man, it has been the craziest spring ever! Our weather is cold one day, hot the next, torrential rains, wind... It seems we never know what to expect. We even had a freeze warning after the first of May!
I took a wild leap of faith today and hauled my plants out to the deck that I'd kept inside the house. One tropical tree thing and an ivy.
Today the sun was out for most of the day so I walked around the house and assessed what needs to be done in the flower beds. This rain has made my garden so very happy!!! It's also made the weeds happy!!
So, I finally decided it was time to buy the vine I'd been wanting to get for my back yard. I drove to the nursery and got a beautiful yellow mandevilla! I also found a fun little vine called a "candy corn" vine. And bought a beautiful fern for our back porch. Naturally, I needed to buy dirt so I went to Lowe's and bought dirt, but I get home and what happens?? RAIN. Naturally. So my plans for working in the yard looked doomed. I go shower and when I get out what do I see? Sunshine!! So I start to consider if I should go ahead and go out and plant when I notice a dark sky... so I go to look at the radar and there is another cloud heading our way. Sure enough a few minutes go by and we have rain again. Only this time it rained while the sun was shining. I'm thinking I should just give it up for today!
You want to know a secret about me? Waaaaaaaay back in the 80's when I met my future husband and he asked me what I wanted to do with my life. (I was in nursing school at the time) I told him my dream job would be to have a flower shop. Hmmm.... think I could have saved my parents some money???
Not that I don't love nursing. I truly do.
I don't know if anyone noticed an absence in my blogging. What have I been doing? Cleaning! My mother-in-law was coming for a visit and you all know that nothing motivates someone to clean like having guests come, whether or not they're family. In my case, if I don't have guests coming to visit I can very easily put off cleaning. Compound that with my recovery from my ankle surgery and it's a very sad result. My house was a pit! I still have Christmas snacks in my pantry for goodness sake!!! I had to start on the guest room because that's where my mother-in-law would be staying. I mean... HOLY COW. It's always been our "catch all" room. But it was desperate. And like most of my friends I know my mother-in-law would not want me to go out of my way to clean for her. She doesn't scrutinize me at all, and she's a very laid back person. But I do have a little pride. A tiny little bit. So I threw the Christmas decorations in the closet in order to make room for her in the guest bed. I about choked last night when we were sitting outside by the fire and she commented on how clean my house is. God Bless her! Mission accomplished! I'm loving having her visit. It's been a year a half since we've seen her. She'll be here for a while too since it's graduation season at our house. :)

I know what you mean Trish..Our weather has been CRAZY as well...I had to wear a jacket last night at the ballgame and cover up with a blanket...What's up with that?
ReplyDeleteGreat picture of your MIL. Would you please come on down and do a little extra cleaning here...I would love to have someone come in for a couple of weeks and deep clean. BTW..did you know that I once owned my own flower shop? loved it, but it was just too demanding of my time..
Hugs to you all..
shug