We had a great time last week celebrating Evan's graduation from N.E.O. A&M. It was a fun night with friends and family. You know, once your kids are of a certain age... I try hard not to get "all up in their business" and so I don't really ask about grades very often. I get the general idea of whether or not there is cause for concern or not. So when I sat down at graduation I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was on the Dean's honor roll. (grin) what a good boy!! I really am proud of how hard he has worked. He's worked darn near full time while going to school. The commencement speech was nice and it was a night to remember. One of our adult friends Miss Jen graduated as well. We had a wonderful dinner together with friends to celebrate!
Grandma Julie and Evan
The Graduates
Evan receiving his diploma
We've been hooking it up around the house doing the big spring clean up! It's a lot of work getting the pool and the boats ready for summer and guests. But by golly, I think it's all ready!!! We were chomping at the bit to get out on the lake this weekend. The lake really was not ready for us though. It still looks like chocolate milk and it's a little chilly when you get in. Chilly- as in- can't feel your extremities.
We boated up the lake Sunday morning for a mother's day brunch at Cherokee Yacht Club and, as usual, they outdid themselves. It was a wonderful spread of gourmet food. We came home warm, full, and in need of a nap! But later that afternoon the kids were ready to hit the lake.
The Chad
I was really bummed that a lot of my pictures didn't turn out. But I'm sure this is the first of many wakeboarding shots this summer.
Now all we need is that water to warm up!





No comments:
Post a Comment