I need somebody to cook for!!! It's getting harder and harder to plan a meal because we're all scattered in different directions. I have my Mother-in-law coming in tomorrow again for the last leg of her trip but it's not really satisfying cooking for her because she tells me several times a day that she normally doesn't eat very much. She doesn't eat in the mornings and sort of snacks for the rest of the day. This will not do!!!!!
I need hearty appetites!
I've decided that in spite of the weather and the lack of eaters I'm going to forge ahead and smoke some ribs this weekend. Now to come up with some carb-conscious sides. hmmmm..... so much for my traditional sides. Normally I would make: Big Daddy's Potato Salad, Texas Cole-Slaw, and some baked beans.
So I'm scouring recipes. I would love some suggestions!
A big green salad with lots of bright veggies and maybe a pot of beans.
ReplyDeleteKari~~
Found this recipe in the new Rachael Ray magazine.
ReplyDeleteZucchini Ribbons and Peppers~
3 Zucchini~ 1tbsp. salt~ 2 bell peppers (red and yellow or orange)sliced~ 1tsp minced garlic~ 2tbsp cilantro~ 1tbsp sesame oil~ 1tbsp lemon juice~ black sesame seeds.
Slice zucchini lengthwise with a peeler. Toss with salt; let sit for 5 minutes; pat dry. Toss with the rest of the ingredients. Top with sesame seeds.
Kari~
Yum! thanks Kari!!
ReplyDelete