To make a long story short, we ended up finding a great apartment and I got to help pick out of about 6 that were available, so I'm very pleased with the location. I didn't take my camera but here's a photo I grabbed off of the internet of one of the buildings.
The apartment complex as a whole was very nice. It is gated, has security, nice pool, new carpet and tile, stainless appliances, and large open floor plans. And best of all it has garages!! We ended up putting a deposit down before we left town. Now all we've got to do is buy a washer/dryer, furniture, and move in! We need to buy every single thing a person needs to live on their own, It's all very exciting for the kids and a little bit frightening for mom and dad! But we're excited for them!!! It's certainly nicer than any apartment we lived in when we were younger. I say the kids... it's really Evan's apartment but Amy can stay there as much as she needs to. She's on the lease also but she technically has to live in the dorms on campus. So guess what we've been doing since then??? Planning, sorting, shopping. It's going to be a chore. A fun chore.. but still!
We have actually purchased 2 shower curtains for the apartment so far. That's it. :) But we've picked out the washer and dryer. Just need to get it ordered. And order it before Evan leaves Lowe's that way he can use his employee discount.
Such exciting times!! It is a strange time for a parent when you're planning your children taking off on their own. I'm so excited for them and scared at the same time. But overall, I'd say I can't help but grin. I know they are happy!!!
Life is good!!!

Just knowing how happy they are & watching them bloom into adulthood.......that is what keeps us going when we get sad! :) Cathey
ReplyDeleteThis must be exciting....Just be sure to leave yourself some energy for the down times when they are both gone and you and Joe are going through the empty nest syndrome....You'll definitely want to have an extra supply of energy in order to keep you up and going...
ReplyDeletecongrats on finding the apartment..
shug